TRAINING OF TRAINERS (TOT) WORKSHOP FOR THE BASIC HEALTH CARE PROVISION FUND
Training of trainers (tot) workshop for the Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF) training at the Facility/Ward Development Committee (WDC) organized by Lagos State Primary Health Care Board (LSPHCB) at Beni Gold Hotels, Victoria Island Lagos from 22nd – 26th November, 2021.
The goal of the workshop is to strengthen the capacity of a core group of staff of BHCPF gateways: the State Ministry of Health (SMOH), including the Local Government Health Authorities (LGHAs), the State Social Health Insurance Agency (SSHIA), and the State Primary Health Care Development Agency (SPHCDA) as well as selected Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to cascade the BHCPF training to the facility/Ward Development Committee (WDC) level.
OBJECTIVES OF THE WORKSHOP:
1. Clarify the rationale for establishing BHCPF, its governance and administrative structure, the roles, and responsibilities of different stakeholders, the intervention packages, the beneficiaries, and the roadmap to guide its effective implementation.
2. Provide background knowledge on the following thematic areas (Modules) required for the rollout of the BHCPF:
i. Orientation to the BHCPF
iv. Claims Management
v. Essential Drugs and Commodities Management
vi. Quality Improvement
vii. Financial Management
viii. Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
3. Equip participation with the requisite facilitation skills to supply adult and experiential learning concepts to deliver the BHCPF training effectively at the facility/WDC level.
4. Practice facilitating the BHCPF training modules and receive constructive feedback in a supportive workshop environment conducive to learning.
5. Build teams for conducting the cascade of BHCPF training at the facility/WDC level and capturing evaluations and recommendations.
6. Prepare trainers to assist the facility/WDC staff to plan for stepping down the training to the respective organizations and developing action steps to begin implementation.