Monitoring and Evaluation
The main objective of the Unit is the availability of quality data for health systems strengthening.
The major focus is to improve the functionality of the PHC system through initiatives that ensure a robust information management system is in place. Improving the competency of PHC facilities to handle raw data as well as providing better data reporting of private health facilities will also receive attention. Efforts will also be geared towards increasing health information on workforce and ensuring their effective distribution to appropriate health facilities.
Efforts will be directed at delivering the following during the period of the plan:
- Strengthened health management information system at the primary health care level
- Improved standardisation of the quality of care and service delivery in the PHC system
- Improved reporting and rendering of information and data by private health facilities
- Improved availability of data for health planning and decision making at the PHC level
- Enhanced coordination of routine program monitoring and evaluation activities at the PHC Board