The functions of the Procurement Unit are as listed below:
- Initiate the entity’s procurement process;
- Carry out appropriate market statistical Surveys to prepare analysis of cost implications of a proposed procurement;
- Develop technical specification and conduct pre-bid conferences when necessary;
- Ensure that the advertisement and publication in solicitation for bids are in conformity with the provisions of the Law and regulations;
- Prepare and issue bids documents and supervise the development of all tenders;
- Issue receipts and keep bids in safe custody until opening, and maintain proper records.